Monday 24 June 2013

Alphonse Mucha

Throughout this project I have attempted to combine two things. Hats, and Surrealism/Art Nouveau style artwork.
My favourite source of inspiration for this was Alphonse Mucha, an Art Nouveau artist who was successful in the early 20th century.(24 July 1860 – 14 July 1939)
I personally have always found Nouveau to be very surreal itself, some see it as the predecessor of the Surrealism movement.
Alphonse Muchas artwork has inspired me with its quirky look and usage of intense bold black lines to make certain things pop out, and the general randomness and creativity which makes the work enjoyable to look at, I tried to replicate this in my own work to the best of my abilities.
Notice the bold lines, without those the central figure would blend in with the detailed background

No comments:

Post a Comment